Monday, December 29, 2014

Parallel tracks




Many years back, I believed in the old school of thought of a boy girl relationship which is - “One soul residing in two bodies”. I thought a boy girl relationship should ideally merge two identities into one. Later I completely scrapped that idea based on my life experiences but was not sure what to replace with until I saw an article in a newspaper. A woman had written about her journey in her marriage and she used the above image to represent the idea. The two people in the relationship will always have their own identity which evolves but does not necessarily merge into one another. The relationship only complements it. Two people walking independently on that thin railway track (represents the path of life) is difficult. Holding hands makes the journey easier on the same path of reality. Will it ever merge is an elusive question.

No comments:

Post a Comment